Sunday 17 May 2015

PPP


Exploring the boundaries

I thought I would explore how you can stick to the accuracy of the real world whilst still creating something that couldn't be replicated at the current level of film and live action videogrophy. what I am talking about is space exploration, this came to mind when I saw a fantastically informative, it used 3D software to show how insignificantly small earth is compared to other things in the universe.


this animation made me want to explore how I could create a realistic animation of just orbiting around the earth. I tried to find an animation of the earth that used stop motion and here is the only thing I could find


obviously this is a trivial piece, but it briefly shows how a stop motion set isn't the most appropriate method due to the scaling of the earth and having to use certain materials that don't really represent the earth in the most realistic way. so this is one example that I would strongly suggest using 3D software to do. so I created my own responce to this by creating my own earth animation, and because of the fantastic array of features in Maya I was able to have separate materials for the clouds and the atmosphere so I could revolve the clouds around the earth (not in the most realistic way due to just having a uniform rotate but there is definitely the possibility of making them more realistic) and also the lighting works much better in Maya due to the fact the camera orbits around the earth in 360 degrees this would be tricky using stop motion as the camera would capture the studio surroundings as you shoot stop motion at certain angles and this kind of shot would be very hard if not impossible without using software to correct it. but here is my earth animation using Maya.




With this method what seems out of reach can be represented in a very realistic manner, due to the fact it has not yet been created using live action (due to its impossibility) can be portrayed quite effortlessly using 3D software.

No comments:

Post a Comment