Thursday 14 May 2015

Applied Animation


Aesthetics

There was one big influence for the design of the second set, and this was none other than Wallace and Gromit! on the episode which involved the 'Knit-o-matic' this machine was pretty much a child friendly version of how I wanted my set to look, here is an example


As you can see I gathered a lot of influence from this machine


Mine was created out of a de pressured tank of propane gas from my house mates air soft gun, I initially wanted to cut holes in the sides but after some professional advice I deemed it too dangerous to do so and instead created the two opening externally, which I think looks a lot better than if I had two holes cut in the sides!

But the whole set where the Knit-o-matic resides has things that influenced my over all direction


See this unforgivably over the top representation of a factory machine used to pulverise animals into meat, but I wanted to go that step further and actually show the pulverisation to better cast a mental image in the viewers mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment