Tuesday 19 May 2015

PPP


Concluding the year

So to round this module off to a neat end I wanted to conclude my year and my plans for next year. I learnt many valuable skills through the year, some were harder than others, and others were more successful. My introduction to Maya went really well and my love for animating and modelling in Maya has grown and continues to grow! also the construction of my stop motion sets was my absolute favourite part of the year, this came to fruition after my green screening adventure that i created for my presentation, I concluded that I am going to focus on the post production on small scales, so like creating the fire for my fire place in Meat the Cow. but after the presentation I was told to not beat myself up about the quality due to the fact I have only put in a few hours to it! My time management was the biggest bug bear in the year which has been reflected throughout this module, as I breezed through first simester but then let module stack on top of each other and delay the work I did for them. but I have really enjoyed this year, I feel I don't have enough footage of these new skills that I have developed so after third year I think that my showreel will be a lot better! and next year I will definitely go to more marketing events because going to the festivals this year was such a highlight of my year due to the valuable things I have learnt from practitioners some of which I got to know and even shared a few drinks with! but also learnt how the professionals advice us to progress in our marketing progress! bring on next year! although I'm in a bit of a pickle with COP3 because I initially wanted to do a case study of the aesthetically appeal of stop motion compared to CGI but this can be very opinionated and I feel I would be going in circles! so instead I'm teetering round the idea of how CGI has effected stop motion!

No comments:

Post a Comment