Monday 18 May 2015

PPP


Lighting in 3D and Physical sets

There is a comparison I want to bring our attention to, and that is the lighting in 3D animations and physical sets. both versions have different advantages and disadvantages. here is a brief mock up of a scene that I created, it was based on a zombie setting after my sudden appreciation for the show the walking dead


here is the scene that I created to discover how certain lighting using Maya




As you can see there is a range of things you can do with lighting using final gather and such, but I wanted to explore things like volumetric fog to make a dark creepy atmosphere where this cannot be achieved with stop motion sets unless you use post effects. but as you can still see you can really tell its modelled using a 3D software!

No comments:

Post a Comment