Thursday 14 May 2015

Applied Animation


Animating!!

Now it was time to animate! the moment I'd been eagerly awaiting due to my apprehension, I had been very rusty in the art of stop motion so now it was time to try it out! here is a time lapse on me animating the first scene


The results were less than satisfactory ... The panning was all wobbly and dis jointed and the angle wasn't taking advantage of the thirds, (refer to test) I also kept knocking the tripod by accident which caused major tearing in the image sequence. this can be avoided by using dragon frame but I wasn't set up with access to it. I think it was down to me being rusty, so I gave it another shot, although my Marquette was beginning to tear due to constant movement i decided to shoot the first scene again. this time it went a lot better, I chose to stick to fixed camera angles to avoid the horrible panning and to focus more on the camera angles! I am very happy that I decided to shoot it again. so in future I will appreciate the importance of testing!



No comments:

Post a Comment