Monday 18 May 2015

PPP


Presentation

We were tasked with creating a presentation about our experience over the year, and there was emphasis on not making it just a presentation with words, it could even be interpretive dance! so I wanted to play with this a bit, try and get some learning in there but ultimately just have fun with it. My idea came around after modelling my windmill on an island. I could metaphorically represent the year using my island as my year, and super impose my on it. like with all my animations I love narratives, so right at the start I knew I didn't want to just have me talking about my year. so I created a quick storyboard to get down my ideas


The green screening definitely needed work, but it was purely because of my time management on this module. I am very annoyed with myself due to the way I let all my other modules stack up ontop of PPP and so it didn't leave me long at all to come up with this response. but this is reflected in the piece, the narrative explains how relaxed I was at the beginning of the year and then it gradually got more intense and I got more stressed as it got closer to the end, and now at the end I'm a wreck! If I don't want to feel like this next year then I'm definitely going to have to manage my time better.

But this is reflected by the soundtrack I used in the presentation. I used 'we'll meet again' originally by Vera Lynn, this has many motivations but mainly the way I say I'm going to do things differently but I will be met by this workload even more next year! so that's why I tried to make the events that happened in the video seemed to have happened before to the protagonist.

This brings me on to the choice of voice, I wanted an old croaky voice to feature because of the amount of times I've felt that my energy has been sapped by my time management making me suffer. and many a times I've felt like I was in an endless loop forever ageing but not progressing.

Here is the video



Again I must re-iterate that I am aware of the mistakes and the utter amaturity of this piece, but as previously stated I wanted to try it out as I've only ever touched on it, so I wanted to at least try it out. I think I could definitely use some training on it, but I think I preferred the green screen when it was just to use post effects in my Cow animation. so maybe its a case of just developing those skills before I try and run before I can walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment