Sunday 17 May 2015

PPP


Piri Art gallery

As a part of Responsive we were tasked with responding to a certain amount of live briefs, one of these briefs I answered was one from the company Datomec, they wanted a 3D rendered representation of the art gallery that they had put up in the Solihull arts complex. here are the source images that I was given along with some textures and floor plans to get the measurements accurate!






Here are my finished renders of the space. 











I am very happy with them, but I also wouldn't want to create this physically due to all the intricate details that are involved in the scene such as plug sockets and reflective surfaces, but also the paintings on the wall, these would be incredibly difficult without printing the little tiny canvases, this is why I would use Maya to create this, but also the importance of accurate measurements was really important, and with Maya I could control these measurements to the decimal place where as if it was physical then the measurements would always be a little off due to human intervention unless I got them automatically cut by the saw at uni, but some small things cant be sawed in this way so for this example Maya was by far the best technique due to the utter amount of control over all the values.


No comments:

Post a Comment