Sunday 17 May 2015

PPP


YouTube is the future!

I had a brain wave which lead to an epiphany. after following certain YouTubers such as Vsauce,  Rhett and link, Machinima and many others, they started to resemble the style of TV ... everything from the thumbnails to the intros and all the way to the outro's.


The most true to TV like videos I saw was that of 'sorted food' where it replicated any other food program from TV


With their own kitchen that's kitted out a lot like any other television cooking show. this really made me think whether TV is going to be destroyed by YouTube ... A free service where you can monetise your videos if you're getting enough views and earn money, the most grossing you tuber is PewDiePie who earns on average 4 million dollars per year! this is astounding! so it got me thinking, where would animation fit in to all this? I did some looking around and I discovered that David firth (the creator of salad fingers and other weird animations) had racked up over half a million subscribers. but I feel that this is down to the vast amount of content that he has, producing various series of animations that people can follow and keep up to date with, this in turn made me think where do I fit in to all this?

Because I don't have a lot of content I don't think I would be that successful on YouTube, but instead should seek out a more professional streaming site that could be more of a portfolio rather than a social carriage for my work. I'm referring to vimeo, which seems a lot more professional and full of artistic videos and not just people playing video games. My house mate Jeremy also told me about a company that if you shared your show reel with them from YouTube they will instantly turn you down. a bit pretentious but these are some of the threats that might occur in the future!

So I think that you tube is definitely going to or already over taken TV for constant streaming of the same sort of content, but if I wanted to be more professional I should definitely look into Vimeo further.


No comments:

Post a Comment