Friday 9 January 2015

Study task 3


Strike a pose

Part 2

My second pose for this task was cruelty!

Here is my render


Similarly to part 1, I gave my character an imaginary target, to help show the expression of cruelty.

In hindsight i could have thought more about it and re created yet another disney style expression, when a villain has a cruel thought there is the cliche'd rolling of fingers in front of an evil face accompanied by an evil laugh:


After looking at various evil faces, there are a few things that i could have included to emphasise my pose.

the low camera angle, the wide eyes and the wide mouth.
all these increase the effect that is portrayed

so the lesson i have learnt is to re-iterate the importance of referencing, if i researched the emotion first i would have come up with a more convincing response.

No comments:

Post a Comment