Wednesday 7 January 2015

Study task 2


Last but not least!

The final task was to create a turnaround.
a feature in Maya that allows you to simply animate a camera around an object you have created, all you do is select the object and click on 'create turnaround' and Maya does the rest!

Couldn't be simpler!

It only gets harder if you want to try and tweak the easing in and out of the camera.

We got to choose our own object, so as I stated in my previous Blog posts I wanted to do something a bit more complicated.
so i decided to model a well that is situated in a town that is my desktop background:


As you can see there is only one angle so I had to 'fill in the gaps' as best as I could.

here is the turnaround playblast:


I find it aesthetically pleasing the easing in and out, so I decided to leave it in, but one wanted to create a looped turnaround all one would have to do is get rid of the ease in and out and then use the infinity function in the graph editor.

I added a physical sun and sky to give my scene some depth and aesthetic appeal


But as I discovered, my sun was at the highest point in the sky and so my scene was overexposed, this made me think ... I can animate the sun!!

the effect i was going for was a time lapse of the sun whilst the turn around is in progress.

Here is the final render!


I am very pleased with the outcome, I would have liked to add textures but as the focus was on the turnaround I decided to leave the textures out.

But it still has a very modern kind of feel which is aesthetically quirky.

if I were to visit this again I would definitely add textures to the scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment