Wednesday 7 January 2015

Study task 1 continued


So as you've seen the truck model in my previous post, the next part of the task was to model a simple object (whilst still keeping it complex enough to utilize the skills we have learnt) so what I decided to do was to model something close to heart ...

Beer!!

I Thought a beer can would be an appropriate object to model due to its ring pull and various rims and contours that would use many of the skills I have learnt.

Here is the finished render.


The can doesn't replicate the original due to my lack of materials knowledge, I couldn't find a wrap around image that was the same as the cans texture. 

But being as though this task was focusing on the modelling, I think I did the can justice due to the techniques I have used, such as a boolean to create the hole in the ring pull.



I enjoyed this part of the task more because I could choose my own complexity level to replicate. 

If I were to do it again I probably would go for a more complex object to really strain my skills in modelling!


No comments:

Post a Comment