Tuesday 20 January 2015

initial development


From the start

As I have been posting about the importance of development work, I wanted to post mine in order to further show my understanding of it and how it effects the overall outcome.

Initial design ideas for the environment

In this module the focus was on the animation and the understanding of character and narrative, so I wanted to keep the environment simple but also influencing the overall atmosphere. so here are my first sketches of the environment


There are a few elements I wanted to include in the scene but overall I just wanted to have a main light lighting up the floor and partially lighting up the elements of the environments, with no walls to cramp things into.

Here is my rendered example:



StoryBoard

Bearing in mind the audio that I have selected is quite short there is not much room for alot of movement without risking it looking over the top, but the storyboard does show slight concideration of camera angles and motion


Here is my first render of the scene


The camera does follow my initial plan, but after getting feedback on my animation it did seem a bit stiff, and after including facial animation you couldn't really see the mouth due to the movements that MOOM acts out. so as you will see the final animation has much improved camera motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment