Wednesday 22 April 2015

Puzzle Range Brief


Labels

I wanted to include some more detail in these puzzles to get a good representation of them to better respond to the brief, so I emailed for the labels so I could use them as texture maps in Maya. here is one set of the labels that I was given (out of 3)




These labels proved quite tricky to get placed correctly due to the scaling of them, In the end I had to select the faces I wanted the label to fill and then slowly adjust the coordinates of them to achieve the best fit. for example the coordinates for the rectangular label are as follows

Coverage - 0.1    0.216
Translate-  0.38    0.365

This meant I could just change the file that's responsible for the uv and the coordinates would stay the same. this wasn't the case for the round labels however, these I had to adjust individually. If I were to approach a similar brief I would definitely try and get the same sized labels for each element that are the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment