Thursday 20 March 2014

My clean sketchbook



I like to keep a 'clean' sketchbook that i keep for drawings that i want to spend time on, and finalise certain ideas, and to use different media in the process, here are few examples:


this is my favourite, at first it looks like a floating mountain kind of mass of land, but unintentionally it looks like a character holding his/her face with the hands!



I wanted to add to the previous drawing but didn't want to lose the 'illusion' so i just did a new one in the same style, without trying to replicate the same face. it turned out i preferred the tone and colour in this one.


I bought a watercolour sketchbook which is my 'clean' one so i could experiment with water colour because i love the style when you combine it with fine liner! i am happy with these drawings but i do need to use this method in observational drawing instead of what drips out of my imagination like an over flowing jar of metaphorical honey of the brain.



No comments:

Post a Comment